The suspense is over – Poldark fans in the UK were last night treated to a sensational start to Series 5. Episode 1 did not disappoint with the return of the much-loved cast, and dramatic plots and new characters delivered a climatic start to the Series, as did the impressive backdrop of spectacular and breathtaking locations in Cornwall.
For those who saw it, this quick blog post explains where the Cornwall filming locations can be found and, for those who live overseas and have not seen it yet, we have written it in such a way that hopefully there are NO SPOILERS. Here are the fantastic destinations explained, with links to download our free maps showing the different locations…
- The opening scene saw Ross fishing in his boat before meeting Demelza on the beach – Filmed at Holywell Bay. More information about the local area including a free map showing how to find Holywell Bay can be found here
- Kitty Depard travels in a stagecoach from London to Cornwall and there is a spectacular clifftop view with rock stacks on the dramatic Cornish coastline. Filmed on the North side of Bedruthan Steps. More information about this area including a free map showing the coastal paths around Bedruthan Step can be found here
- Ross and Demelza take a clifftop walk through the mist and meet with the miners. Filmed at Botallack. Find Botallack on. Download a copy here.
- George and Cary Warleggan talk business with Ralph Hanson on the harbour wall. Filmed at Charlestown. More information about Charlestown including a free map can be found here
- Brothers, Sam and Drake Carne challenge Tess Tregidden in front of a crowd on the coastal slipway. Filmed at Penberth Cove. More information about West Cornwall including a free map can be found here
- Demelza talks with Tess Tregidden on the coastal path next to Porth Loe. This location can be found about 1km north of Porthgwarra. More information about this area including a free map showing the coast path to this location can be found here
- Demelza and Caroline travel by stagecoach across the vast expanse of moor. Filmed at Bodmin Moor. Further information about this area including a free map can be found here.
That’s it for Episode 1. For more information on the filming locations used in the previous Series click the following link – Series 4