Poldark Series 4, episode 3 aired last night (24th June 2018) on the BBC in the UK. This series is proving to be as good as the previous three. This blog post explains where the Cornwall filming locations can be found. If you are planning a trip to Cornwall soon then this will help you find these locations and don’t worry if you have not seen this episode yet as there are no spoilers.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you visit next week’s post about episode 4 as we have a very special surprise to be announced 🙂
Anyway, here we go, with links to download our free maps showing the different locations…
- The first Cornish location shown is Penberth Cove where Demelza sits and talks to Drake on the slipway by the sea, and Rosina Hoblyn says hello. More information about Penberth Cove including a free map can be found here.
- Wheal Owles features as the mine (with the help of some excellent CGI and set design). This location is near Levant Mine on the North coast of the Penwith Peninsula. More information about this area including a free map can be found here. This is the mine Demelza visits to talk with Dwight Enys and Sam.
- The external shots of Ross in the horse and carriage are filmed on Bodmin Moor. More information about Bodmin Moor including a free map can be found here.
- The scene where Dwight Enys exits the ocean after a swim and meets with Ross Poldark was filmed at Holywell Bay. The iconic rocks in the background are sometimes known as Gull Rocks. More information about Holywell Bay including a free map can be found here.
- There is a brief exterior shot of Nampara Cottage at dusk which is filmed near the town of St Breward. More information about this area including a free map can be found here
- Ross meets with the mine workers. The internal mining shots were actually filmed at the real Poldark Mine which is near Helston on the Lizard Peninsula. For more information about The Lizard Peninsula including a free map showing the location of the Poldark Mine can be found here.
- The external shot of the cave where Drake returns to, with a flashback to where he went with Morwenna, is at Holywell Bay. More information about this location including a free map can be found here
- Ross and Dwight visit the mine again towards the end of the episode. More information about this location which is actually called Wheal Owles can be found here.
- The big scene where Ross, Drake, Sam and Tholly Tregirls fend of the Illogan folk on the beach was filmed at Holywell Bay. More information about this location including a free map can be found here.
- Although not in Cornwall, plenty of you will ask where the London scenes were filmed – they were filmed around Greenwich in London.
…and that’s it for Episode 3.
Don’t forget, next week’s big announcement and of course our Episode 4 Cornish locations update!